Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Your Favourite Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BELL

PostSubject: Your Favourite Game   Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:02 pm

What is the game you are gonna tell your grandchildren about, there have been a few special games that I have been part of, the ones that drain you both emotionally and physically that just stand out every time you reminisce about what you've done in football, some of my favourites would have to be

1. The KO Cup semi final win on penalties over the Trowel and Hammer, seemed to take forever to beat those lads and was such a high to do it for the first time like that

2.The Suffolk Junior Cup final win over Hadleigh was a massive achievement for a club of our size and a very proud moment in front of over 700 people at Portman Road

3. Beating overwhelming favourites Notleys in the NSHEBA shield, a team which contained several Kirkley first team players at the time

4. This seasons KO Cup quarter final win over Kirkley A showed a great mental and physical toughness to come back from 2 goals down to beat an excellent young side in extra time

But easily my favourite was the Junior Cup Semi Final win over favourites Ransomes Sports, who were not only a very good football team but very professional in every aspect of running a football club. The amount of effort and guts shown by the side on that day was nothing short of amazing and made me very proud to be part of that team, to be applauded by every single person at the ground upon the final whistle and have complete strangers congratulating you and shaking your hand was a very nice feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.milfhunter.com
the general

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Game   Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:27 am

good question son , there has been a few i remember, obviously i agree with you that the semi and final of the junior cup was massive and will always be regardered as the best games but the first time we won the knockout cup against broadlands was good , also the coming of the back of losing league to norton and playing the cup final against spexhall the year after must be up there too..... but if we are talking about league games for me it was when we first beat trowel over 90 mins at wrentham 2 - 1 i scored both , that day was when we started believing we were a force in this league! then we took on a strong beccles town team in a pre season friendly and drew 1-1 , i got equaliser in that match so from a personal point of view them 2 games plus the cup games mentioned for the team games
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Your Favourite Game
Page 1 of 1