Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Who are your Favourites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BELL

PostSubject: Who are your Favourites   Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Since Gary Boyd spoke some very kind words about me and my little cousin Fish I was wondering if anyone else had any particular favourite players past or present they loved to play with at Hearts. I agree with Gary that Richie is by far the best goalkeeper I have ever had behind me, his agility for a big man is nothing short of phenomonal and he is usually good for a few points a season, defender wise I think Gary Boyd and Darren Hitcham are probably the most comitted defenders I have ever had next to me, I struck up a great understanding with both, by comitted I mean their all or nothing attitude when it came to heading and tackling I can appreciate anyone who constantly sticks their body parts in front of a boot to stop a certain goal, both are masters of the art when it comes to defending. In midfield my cuz Fish is the most complete individual player i've ever played with, full of strength, energy, skill and determination he always looks a class apart, also worth a mention would be Danny Rushmere or "Dasha" as hes better known who as a defensive midfielder made my life easy for years, nothing pretty, all basic but soooo effective, up front despite his many many many faults John Williams never fails to deliver on the goal front, strong as an ox and great finisher(with occasional lapses), would be interesting to know others favourites, or maybe the hardest to play against if you've been up against us before
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.milfhunter.com
Sciss11

PostSubject: ?   Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Well I would have to say goalkeeper Richard- so many times I have been a yard past or round him and he's somehow got back to dive at my feet!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyd3

PostSubject: favourites   Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:38 pm

OK some more favourites of mine from the past, striker wise it has to be glen Fletcher in his prime, pace, power, great engine never stood still, good attitude ,great finisher, only needed one chance and he would take it,
centre mid, Trever hook , best passer , never gave the ball away , great balance and could use both feet, used all his team mates around him.
wide right lee godbold another player who went past players for fun (often twice) , fantastic crosser of the ball and a tidy finisher.
funniest player has got to be Jamie king, had you in stitches the minute you entered the changing room to leaving the bar , for after match refreshments.
the most bad arse team i've had the pleasure to play with is the oak tavern, where they simply had no boundries, if they did, then they did there best to overstep them every week, the managment team and surporters were even worse than the players!

good post bell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: Who are your Favourites   Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:29 pm

best keeper : richie (say nomore )
best centre back : bell (attributes have been covered ) and lee henwood the bloke reads the game better than anyone , great passer short and long and talks you positively threw the game , im lucky to have them two playing behind me still at the punch on sundays
best right back : simon cambridge , had the lot before he got injured and very clever on the ball , always scored too
best left back : richard durrant
right mid: lee fisher ... excellent and a real team player
left mid: ????????still up for grabs
centre mid (tackler) dasha was the man
centre mid (ball player ) ??????
forward : jonny when up for a game batter the defence and like bell says always scores
forward : fletcher same as jonny , very strong nearly always scores
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BELL

PostSubject: Re: Who are your Favourites   Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:51 pm

If we are adding sundays to this then Nicky Stokeld would rival Fish as the most complete all round player i've played with, the boy is a freak of nature when it comes to fitness, the Tudor Rose team of 2006 was a machine in itself, won 26 in a row and the only team ever to do the quadruple.

Agree with Gary about Fletch too another freak of nature, he never stops running. Played with Gavin Tipple and Marc Campbell at Burnt Hill too they were both excellent ball players.

But the best out and out goalscorer i've seen in the District League in the last ten years has to be Stuart Holland, very rarely misses, shame about his fitness he could've been much better same applies to his brother Marc (Bam)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.milfhunter.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are your Favourites   

Back to top Go down

Who are your Favourites
Page 1 of 1