Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

veiws on the reserves going up to div 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Physco

PostSubject: Hearts Reserves   Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 am

I think Hearts Reserves would do ok. Would be a while before they challenged for the title but im sure they would hold there own. They do need some new signings due to weakness in certain areas. They need a regular goalkeeper. I hear Geoff does ok for the first team. May be a possibility for a regular start. The teams are split at the moment, which is a shame, but i guess thats life and any good players coming in would be poached by the first team (Adam Taylor). But I suppose its the individuals choice. Therfore if they stay as one will the reserves ever get any better or will the talent coming through feed the first team for their glory. So having their own identity will allow them to keep any talent and maybe push the first team for some glory. two seperate teams in one pub, why not. It only needs to be managed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:35 am

Physco,

i disagree with some points however thats just me and you know what im like...

just one thing though, Taylor wasn't poached, he came to hearts reserves to get noticed and play for first team... this is what he told the previous manager!!! as did Hammo and Deano.... Luke had chances before with us but needed time to mature!! this is how The Hearts will stay strong , a seperate side will cause a rift.... my opinion ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazhit

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 am

some good points being made it will be differcult to manage 2 teams from one pub, because there will always be a preference towards the first team.
will they still be called hearts reserves because in effect there will be no res team.

"any suggestions on a new name"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 am

fc HEARTS OR SHARPLEY AND REGENT? ARE THEY YOUR SPONSOR?

PHYSCO, i also think the first team have more people who have a will to win than some reserves who just turn up and dont care, if the reserves would take every 90 mins seriously and concentrated like they did against hearts last year then who knows where they would finish but i cant see them challenging the top 3 at moment even with a couple of new signings... the top 3 have very good consistency and have someof best players outside comb football too

i can understand however that the reserves want a crack at the first divison , if you remember when we first went up we had apoor side compared to now and slowly gathered players in the departments we needed, stuck together and worked our way into a force.. nigel, dorling, day have the experience to help out the younger players too as does hitchy!!!

but fair play to the reserves in ambition to move up a league and hopefully will be in top 6 or 7

what sides do you think you could compete with?

if anything the competetion in the same pub could help both teams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:32 pm

micki, how can it help ? at what point do you think the competition will improve the club.. ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sciss11

PostSubject: ?   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Ya know there is a way... Hearts could come out and play in the comb to make way for the reserves...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:42 pm

will you fund it ?? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sciss11

PostSubject: ?   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:45 pm

there are ways... its all about ambition within the club on and off the pitch. Does this league test you? study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:56 pm

to be honest, the majority of teams give us a game but its not all ....!!

i set out as manager years ago because no one else wanted the grief.. . i have put alot of time and money into this club since!! i have also had a lot of luck with the players , most i think play for me because of friendship.. others have joined because of our success!! the players also have a great disliking to travel... most hate the journey to southwold and spexhall, could you imagine them going to wells !!!!! i think not... affraid

the cost is also an issue, the pub will not spend more than they are at the moment... so i guess i am staying here ...

besides i only win games because of the team , not my input.... i dont think i would have the success without them lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dazhit

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:09 pm

this club has taken a long time to get the success it has, and a lot of very good players have come and gone over the years but i will say the core of this club is still there. This is not a club put together over night most of the players have been there a long time its happy to continue in the district. as the team grows older the fortunes my change this is were a reserve team should come in. As we all remember the great trowel and hammer team they with drew as they got older they had no feeder team i can see the same thing happening here.

THATS HOPE NOT

Last edited by dazhit on Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:21 pm

that is why we formed the reserves, not a seperate team .. but a way of feeding the first team... it will take time to bring in the players but that was the idea... not to reform it as afc heart!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:14 pm

i meant at the moment we get ourselves up for the top 6 games because we no if we dont we could be beaten , with the reserves being in league we would be up for another team too

i prefer the idea as a feeder team though boss, you dont see kirkley reserves winning there league then going into same league as first team !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:19 pm

better picture lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 pm

couldnt get any worse, i might put johns high school tank top photo on his haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:37 pm

that would be good..........!! is it like this ... afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:44 pm

do you think i would die? ha camel camel caamel afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyd3

PostSubject: trowel and hammer   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm

i'd just like to point out hitch, that the trowel and hammer didn't fall as it got older, we found it more harder as we got older, but won five titles back to back then folded while still at the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 pm

gaz, how many time have you won league and cup?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 pm

and i was the lucky man getting the best two players along side richy to complete my side ....!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyd3

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm

11 league one titles, 7 knockout cup wins, and just 1 suffolk junior cup win. king

to date. Wink

Last edited by boyd3 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:59 pm

you are very lucky young bobby , was it the first year they left we won junior cup?

Last edited by micki on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boss

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm

with a possible 2 more to come....!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm

so you aint won much then ha, how do you rate the standard of district sides like hearts to the trowel ones and burnt hill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyd3

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:37 pm

I've been very lucky to have played with some special players over the past 15 years or so, and this hearts team is right up with the best but the trowel had something else about it that made it different to other teams I've played for. the togetherness as a squad was second to none, fighting together and pulling in the same direction to win games. maybe its because of the selection process the club had, you had to be voted into the club by all existing players, so no bad apples could tip the cart. the best players I've played with in there respected positions with the current hearts squad would be lee fisher, bell and possibly big Richy who has the potential to go far as he's still a young man and many a season ahead of him. he is awesome now but i still believe he will get even better with age, lee fisher is a player i greatly admire he has everything in his locker, great passer, fantastic at running with the ball at opponents, good in the air, strong in the tackle, not shy to put in hard graft for 90mins and if you ask him to do anything never moans and just gets on with it , he's been a joy to play behind, bell is everything you want in a defender strong in the air, quick , reads the game like he's reading a kiddies book, and very hard in the tackle. a player you can't help but be confident playing along side, but my favourite would have to be my little bruv daz who I've always looked up to on the football pitch, I've never played with anyone who loves to win and play as much as him. another who reads the game so well , fantastic in the air , strong as an ox never gives up and always good for a goal, and a excellent motivator and organiser, captain fantastic. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:50 pm

its like an interview with gary boyd, what about the trowel players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: veiws on the reserves going up to div 1   

Back to top Go down

veiws on the reserves going up to div 1
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next