Hearts of Oak

Hearts football chat...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

whats standard difference between comb3 down to district?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the general

PostSubject: whats standard difference between comb3 down to district?   Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:00 pm

how much difference is there in quality between top sides in district to say comb 3? we have had alot of chat about comb this and that so is there a massive gulf now? obviously i no higher you go the better the player and fitness but how much difference really ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sciss11

PostSubject: sciss11   Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:43 am

I answered this one yesterday.

Obviously the standard is better from 3 up, you will see teams getting thrashed but this is often because they cant get a team together because they have a first team for instance. In top clubs it only takes a difference of opinion for a group of players to move on and leave a team struggling. Teams in this league on the other hand get thrashed purely because they are not that good.

Most teams in ang comb 2 will be as good or better than yourselves and every game in the season could go either way because it is alot more physical, you have to be fit and the football is alot more tactical. In this league all you have to do is turn up most weeks. Most teams in ang comb 1,2,3 wil train during the week.

I could list alot of differences but one of the main ones that can mess up a teams season is the fact that if the team you are playing in the comb has a first team without a game on match day, you can be sure they will put players in to their reserves and often these are Ridgeons League players. Therefor a team you would usually beat may wipe the floor with you.

So in brief generally ang comb is alot better standard than this league there is no doubt but you would hold your own but I dont think it would be a case of going straight in and winning trophies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bungay No 2

PostSubject: Re: whats standard difference between comb3 down to district?   Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:01 am

I have to agree with Sciss in respect of if u have 2 play an Ang Comb team who can bring in 1st teamers then yes it would be a struggle, but having played in divisions 3,2,1 & premier for the last 14 years (yes i'm old) i honestly believe that any team who have been together as long as Hearts would easily walk through divs 6,5,4 and quite possibly 3 then they would have 2 train 2 be a front runner, but at no point could i see them being a mid table team always a contender.

As 4 your request for Sunday Senior cup winners nxt yr Sciss if u can't manage it u can have a look at 1 of my 3 medals
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the general

PostSubject: Re: whats standard difference between comb3 down to district?   Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:55 am

i have 2 of them medals too, i think alot of it is fitness , the physical side cant be much more than district ... in comb you get more time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sciss11

PostSubject: more time   Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:17 am

you must be kidding i have boiled the kettle at least 4 times in this league so far... wrentham 3 corton nil by the way- should have been 10 with the posession we had (bloody pitch has more holes than a darts board!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats standard difference between comb3 down to district?   

Back to top Go down

whats standard difference between comb3 down to district?
Page 1 of 1